Business Analyst Internship Description (Paid Professional Program)
Ask a technical question, get a techincal answer. I mentioned earlier that I was visiting companies yesterday - I asked a few of the students to send me in descriptions of what they do at work. The number 2 question we get from students is "What will I do during my internship?". My thinking was that if I get current interns to describe what they do, I could direct future interns to those descriptions, and thus save a lot of time in answering questions. So here's the first of them - this is a student with a project management background who is doing an entry level business analyst internship. Hers is going very well - her company has given her a job offer, so she'll be staying on there for a while. These types of internships are increasingly common in our Paid Professional Program. This student comes from Korea, and wrote this really quickly, so please be patient with any grammar mistakes:
Here are my job descriptions that I’ve been doing and responsibilities assigned originally to me by Wendy.
I have performed mainly two tasks such as renewal of Wiki website and technical documenting about company functional task process since I joined in this organization.
[Renewal of WIKI Website]
- Analyze existing Wiki website such as what kind of contents are consisted of, menu architecture, future needs.
- Make restructuring plan such as menu hierarchy and classification of information, and expandability for future needs with consideration of improving existing web site.
- Reorganize contents according to new menu structure, Redesign web page, create new pages, modify existing pages, collect feedback from all staff
- Plan handover plan including testing WIKI website
- Backup the existing WIKI and handover new WIKI
- Document operating manual for users.
- Support staff for new WIKI
- Maintain WIKI such as new released information and any updated information.
[Defining Company functional tasks process]
- Plan the scope and goal of work.
- Presentation the plan and get confirmation from managers about it.
- Have meeting with each company functional division such as accounting, Administration, Sales, Marketing and Consulting.
- Prepare document templates that staffs have to document their information and guide them how to create documentation.
- Assign scope of task to each owner of functional group.
- Collect result from owners.
- Analyze and verify functional task activities and process flow
- Create process flow and relationship between task activities.
- Collect documents from owners
- Create sample scenarios of each functional group.
- Release draft document to owner and manager
- Post final version of document at WIKI website.
- Assistance with documenting work flow and procedures
- Back up Network admin
- Review project management documents for improvement.
- Complete setup of Webex Training Classroom environment for offering remote classes in the future
- Documentation of Network Infrastructure
- Organize Wiki
- Implement CRM Telephony
- Implement Webstore and set up Webstore infrastructure
- Implement KPI reporting automated
- Implement Dashboard incorporating above
- Customization of CRM workflows once process has been documented.