Paid Web Design Internship
This is cross posted from our internship listings site: canadianinternships.ca:
The Web Intern will work within the organization’s Creative Services department and offer design support to all campaigns. The Web Intern will specialize in all projects intended for the internet, including webpages, forms, e-commerce, database maintenance, email layout and image editing.
This internship is located in our Vancouver office.
* Design and layout campaign webpages using copy provided by Communications
* Layout email newsletters, and guide email testing to improve performance of newsletters
* Adapt publications to webpages
* Image sourcing and web graphic creation
* Work web magic
Skills & Qualifications:
* Skilled with HTML and CSS
* Basic image editing with Photoshop, and some graphic design experience.
* Basic copyediting skills.
* Graduate or current student of a 1 year (min.) program (or equivalent courses) specializing in Web design and development.
* Familiarity with all aspects of web design and development from search engine optimization to troubleshooting messy code.
* Nice to have: experience with Movable Type or other CMS, online marketing, Google Adwords
Benefits to the Intern:
* Experience in fast-paced production environment
* Brand management experience, using one of Canada’s top brands
* Part of the coordinating team for an award-winning, nationally recognized website
* Opportunity to learn varied web platforms and tools
For more information, contact us, or visit www.canadianinternships.ca