Workplace Health and Safety

WCB, WSIB, CSST - What are they?

Every international student should have their own private medical insurance. It's a requirement of your placement and also just a very good idea. But that is not the only type of insurance you need during your time in Canada. If you are doing a work term placement or internship, your school or host company will have a special type of insurance to cover any accidents you have while you are working. This is a government insurance and is organized by the school and host company. You don't have to pay anything or make any special request, the school and host organize this insurance for you (you still need your own private medical insurance though). Your only obligation is to read the workplace safety manual produced by your province's workplace safety insurance provider.

Workplace health and safety is the responsibility of every student. All studnets, in all programs are required to read and understand these health and safety manuals before they start their work term, or internship placement.

Please select the appropriate health and safety document for your province:

British Columbia (including, Vancouver, Victoria, Whistler)

Alberta (including, Calgary, Banff, Jasper)

Ontario (including, Toronto, Mississauga, Niagara)

Quebec (including Montreal)