Tour: Friday, 29 June, 2018 @ 2:00Pm - Montreal Institute for Learning Algorithms (MILA)
About the Company
Researchers from MILA have pioneered the field of deep learning and deep neural networks (both discriminative and generative) and their applications to vision, speech and language. MILA is world-renowned for many breakthroughs in developing novel deep learning algorithms and applying them to various domains. They include neural language modelling, neural machine translation, object recognition, structured output generative modelling and neural speech recognition.
- Understanding of fundamental principles
- Supervised learning and pattern recognition
- Unsupervised and semi-supervised learning
- Representation learning, and deep learning of representations
- Computer vision applications
- Applications in natural language processing
- Applications in modelling signals such as speech
- Applications to healthcare
- Applications on large scale data (big data)
This will be a regular tour, EE staff will not be attending. Please go to the host company directly. Students are responsible for their own accommodation costs.
The tour will take place at 2 PM on Friday June 29th. It will be conducted by Michael Noukhovitch, a master's student working at MILA, and Laura Ball, an intern at MILA.
The tour will take just over 30 minutes. Please arrive at least 5 minutes early.
They will give the students a tour of the MILA offices, and explain the technological research that is performed at MILA.
MILA is located at the UdeM campus, 30-40 minutes from downtown Montreal:
2920 Chemin de la Tour
MILA asks that the students meet Michael and Laura in front of the 3rd floor elevators.