Tour: 4 November, 2016 @ 3pm - Promation
About the Company
Promotion’s is a manufacturing and engineering firm that designs products for heavy industry, including automotive and nuclear sectors. It has the following departments and capacities:
- Manufacturing Technologists – lead successful projects from initial drawings received to final completion on the shop floor.
- Procurement Department – has support of a well organized chain of 400 suppliers.
- Welding Department – MIG, TIG carbon steel, aluminum, selected alloys.
- CNC and Conventional Machining Department – suitable for prototyping, along with short and medium part runs.
- Assembly Department – where Promation’s world class electrical wiring of panels, and the mechanical assembly of devices are completed.
- Testing Department – with technicians being capable of both electrical and mechanical measurements and function tests.
- ManufacturingDepartment – designated specialty areas such as:
- Over Head Crane
- Clean Room
- Quality Room
- QA Quarantine Room
The tour will take place at 3pm on Friday the 4th of November. The tour will be conducted by Darryl Spector, the VP and GM of Promation.
He will take the students for a tour of the company, and then for a question and answer session. The tour will conclude at about 4.00pm.
Promation is located at 2767 Brighton Road in Oakville. This location is accessible on public transport, with the trip taking about 90+ minutes from LSI Toronto. Click here to see travel instructions.
The host company is expecting a small group of up to 6 students, as well as an instructor/guide from LSI. ID is required, students should bring at least 1 piece of photo ID. When you arrive, please present yourself to reception, and Darryl will meet you for the tour.